Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Review: Inspire Journaling Bible NLT

Bible journaling has become very popular over the last few years. Bible journaling is simply taking scripture and creativity and making the word come alive. To do it you need a pen, coloring pencils, markers, stamps, etc.
When I knew that I wanted to start Bible journaling, I started searching for a great Journaling Bible. You can find a variety of Journaling Bibles on the market from ones that have all lines and you can create your own lettering to ones like the Inspire Bible which have preprinted verses and journaling space.
My Inspire Bible was a gift for my 40th Birthday. I chose it because of the brilliant turquoise color and beautiful illustrations.  Since I was new to Bible Journaling, I wanted a Bible with examples of what to do. This Bible is perfect for that.
The Bible is full of great lettering, illustrations, and flowers. I also love how the pages of the Bible come together when closed to show beautiful flowers, leaves, and butterflies. Butterflies are one of my favorite things because of my daughter.
The text is easy to read and has headings that make each passage stand out.

I love the example found here with Proverbs 18:10 NLT The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe. 

The lettering in this illustration is bold and key words stand out. Also the fortress at the bottom is a great reminder of the part of the verse that is key. That is that we can run to the Lord and he will keep us safe.

The second example is the lines of the Bible has to offer. I use these for writing sermon notes instead of journaling. I love this idea because I will go back over it later and remember what my pastor has preached.
I also love how each book of the Bible opens with beautiful illustrations. This Bible is in the NLT translation. This translation is easy to read and understand.
I highly recommend this Bible for anyone who wants to start Bible journaling. It will not only give you ideas on how to journal in your Bible but it will also give you the space to be creative yourself.
I grabbed my Bible on Amazon but it can be found at any Christian retailer. 

I hope you have enjoyed this review. Leave me a comment on what your favorite journaling Bible is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment