Thursday, September 7, 2017

Hurricane Irma

Like most of you, I've been glued to my television screen watching the vivid images of Hurricane Harvey. Now we are on watch as we watch our family and friends brace for Hurricane Irma. My Facebook has been flooded with hurricane tips, tips on charging your phone in a storm, and where to store the things you love the most.

But as I sit and watch the panic and everyone concerned for their loved ones, we are missing one thing. Prayer.
Now I'm not saying that if we all sit and pray that this hurricane will go away. I agree you still need to be proactive and get to safety. But one thing I do know is their is power in prayer.
Today as I was praying about the fires, flood, hurricanes. I was drawn to Psalms 91. It has been a Psalm that I have read when I am scared, worried, and wondering Lord what is going on.
Psalms 91 reads, " Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find REST in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord, He alone is my REFUGE, my place of safety. he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

I love these few verses. But I love all of Psalms 91. It is a reminder that because I am a believer in Jesus that I can find REST in HIM. I can trust that HE has my best interest at heart. We can find rest in the Lord in the storm. We can know that He will watch over us.  The important thing is not to panic but pray. Pray for our loved ones in harms way, pray for the responders who are ready to help those in need, pray that the winds die down and Irma shifts back into the ocean where it  belongs.

My heart broke when I saw the images from Hurricane Harvey in Texas. I have always loved Texas. When we lived in Oklahoma we traveled to Dallas often. The people of Texas are strong people. Their love for their state is one of a kind.
The people of Florida have dealt with storms before. They say this storm is stronger. But I know my God is bigger than any storm. I also believe in the power of prayer to pray this storm back out to sea. I believe the Lord calms the winds and waves.
Join me in praying for the people of Puerto Rico, the people of Florida, and for this hurricane to get weaker and lose strength.
Father, we come to you in the name of Jesus. Father you see Hurricane Irma about to strike Puerto Rico and Florida. Father I thank you that you calm the storms of life and that you can cause this hurricane to break apart. Father thank you for this storm breaking and the winds dying down. Father thank you for minimal damage and for lives being saved. Father thank you for how you are at work even in the middle of the recovery of Hurricane Harvey. Father I pray for the people of Texas and all they are going through specifically the Houston area. Father I pray for the fires in California, Oregon, Montana, and Colorado to die down. Father I pray for rain to fall in those areas. I pray for strength for the fire fighters. Father thank you for the job they do every day to keep us safe. Father thank you for what you are doing even in the middle of these disasters. Father thank you for bringing peace to our storms and providing for all our needs. Bring peace to these areas and calm. I pray these things in Jesus Name, Amen.

Thank you for joining me in prayer today. I will be posting Hurricane tips of Familysource.net Facebook page.

Be Blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment